Trip Starting From: Chandipur
Trip Location: New Digha
About the Activity:
Fixed departure: 18-11-2016
- This trekking tour of 5 days from Chandipur in Odisha to New Digha in West Bengal through the coastal regions will take you on a different touring experience.
- Pass through the villages, beautifully maintained landscapes and ponds, cross the rivers and mark your foot on the white sands of the beach while you indulge in this tour.
- Spot some rare birds, crabs and turtles that are appeared on the seashore abundantly. Mingle with the coastal fishermen, observe them while they go fishing.
- The package is inclusive of food, accommodation, transportation during the trip.
Day 1 –
By afternoon, arrive at the Balashore Station.
You will be transferred to Chandipur beach for the stay at the hotel or tent.
The trek starts from this beach.
Day 2 –
Post breakfast with Luchi-Tarkari and sweets, start the journey.
Cross Buribalam and Buriamari rivers by boat.
Continue the journey by walking and in between you can see lots of crabs, birds and Olive Ridley turtles.
Stay overnight at Kasafal.
It is 7 hours long trek for the day.
Day 3 –
From Kasafal start walking to reach the sea side by taking a village path.
You will pass through ponds and landscapes.
Also cross Haskara Khari on foot in low tide time.
At the end of the day you will reach Dagara.
Witness the fishermen sailing and fishing during today’s walk and you will be trekking for 8 hours in total.
Day 4 –
Today, you will be heading to a village named Kankdapal on the banks of Subarnarekha.
You will have to cross Subarnarekha river to reach Talsari.
Then move to cross the Odisha- Bengal border i Udaipur and finally reach at New Digha.
You will trek for 7 hours in total.
Day 5 –
Depart from the hotel to go to the Digha railway station or bus stand to board on train or bus.
Your experience ends here.
- Accommodation on a sharing basis on trek (hut/camp/tent)
- Indian veg food during trek
- All necessary permits and entry fees for the trek
- All the trek equipment like tent, sleeping bag etc (but for hygiene purpose, you are recommended to bring your own sleeping bag, if you have)
- All safety equipment, first aid Kit etc
- Service of our expert team
- Pickup from Balasore Railway Station and drop off at Digha Railway Station
- Transportation during the trek is included
Things To Carry
- Trekking shoes
- Water bottle
- Transportation from pick up point to Base Camp and vice-versa will be provided at a particular time. So you have to report this place before that time. If you failed to reach within this time then you have to make your own arrangement to reach and return from our Base Camp, or we can arrange a transport depends on availability by paying an additional charge.
- Carry their own backpacks. All common gear will be carried by the support team. If for some reason a trekker is unable to carry his or her backpack, he/she can offload the same by paying an additional charge.
- This is a group tour